Thursday, May 21, 2015

Xtreme

On the 20th of May 2015 our year travelled to Swords for our last trip of Transition Year. We were split into groups, our started off with rock climbing, which I was awful at. Afterwards we started on the obstacle course. Our group only went onto the medium level but it was so terrifying. It was a really windy day so all of the ropes we had to grab onto were blowing out of our reach, there was one point where I was convinced the rope stopping me from falling was about to untie, it was really scary...



We had to use the ropes to get ourselves around the course, but for most of it I just dragged myself across, I was too lazy to make an effort to grab them.

After the obstacle course we went up to the very top level to do the drop zone which essentially was a rope hanging from the highest point of the whole structure. We were attached to the rope and then we had to step over the edge and drop to the ground. I managed to land on my feet but I fell over again because I'm a very clumsy person.

 Our final activity was archery. Again, I was not very good at this but I tried... 


We were finished at the adventure centre at about 1 pm so we spent the rest of the day at Liffey Valley.




No comments:

Post a Comment